EKG-20KM (factory No.4) shovel is commissioned on the Central mine of JSC Karelsky Okatysh
Having passed through 72-hour acceptance tests successfully, EKG-20KM (factory No.4) shovel was commissioned on the Central pit of JSC Karelsky Okatysh on August 10, 2017.
EKG-20KM shovel is the third shovel of such a modification delivered to Karelsky Okatysh. More than a year two previous shovels have already been in operation on the Central and Southern mines of the company. Serial No. 65 was assigned to the new shovel in the Karelsky Okatysh equipment fleet.
Some units of EKG-20KM shovel were developed for specific operating conditions of JSC Karelsky Okatysh based on the exploitation experience of the first two units of equipment. The main changes were aimed to the following units:
- design of a crowd axle;
- design of a gantry (two-leg) and struts;
- design of the boom lower section;
- design of a bucket-handle fixation structure;
- handle length was increased;
- the number of automatic lubricating points of crawler wheels was increased;
- the system of bucket teeth fixation and the system of bucket protection were improved;
- the additional auxiliary winch is set on the two-leg gantry platforms;
- the anchor points system for safety belts fastening at works held at height was realized on the shovel.